TOP TIP TUESDAY
Other than the fact that it’s a tasty way to season a variety of foods, ginger is one of the healthiest foods you can get your hands on. It’s packed with many essential nutrients and bioactive compounds that have extremely impressive benefits for your health. It is commonly used to help digestion/gut-related issues, reduce nausea and help common colds. However, below are some of the other top health benefits of ginger:
- Heals ulcers
- Boosts your immune system
- Helps with weight-loss
- Can drastically lower blood sugars and improve heart disease risk factors
- Can help treat chronic indigestion
- Can lower cholesterol levels
- Contains a substance called 6-gingerol, which may have protective effects against cancer
- 1-1.5 grams of ginger can help prevent various types of nausea
- Can improve brain function and protect against alzheimer's disease
- Helps reduce day-to-day progression of muscle pain, as well as exercise-induced muscle soreness.
Want to experience the powerful health benefits of ginger for yourself? Try making this ginger drink every morning with your breakfast!
1. Wash, peel and grate fresh ginger.
2. Place in water. Bring to boil.
3. Add the juice from one lemon.
4. Add raw Manuka honey and cinnamon
5. Strain into a glass. Add plenty of ice.