Here’s a sporting tournament with a twist. You start the first half of your match playing netball, take a break, and then meet the same opponent in a half of football to determine the winner.
It’s a new concept from Girls Community Football and Active Netball, with the two organisations merging a love for both sports together for a tournament on March 27 at The Sevens Stadium.
Teams will earn points for winning each half, points for goal differences and there are plenty of bonus points along the way.
Here’s an overview of how the tournament will run
When: Saturday March 27th
Where:The Sevens – all day
Cost:Team entry AED 1250
Squad:12 players per squad
Age groups:U10’s (y4&5), U12’s (y6&7), U14’s (y8&9)
• One team, one tournament, 2 sports.
• Squads may enter up to 12 players plus two coaches/managers.
• Netball & Football will be 7 aside.
• 3 age grades following the school guidelines for age:
o Under 10’s (School Year 4&5)
o Under 12’s School Year 6&7)
o Under 14’s (School Year 8&9)
• Each game will consist of one-half netball & one-half football. Each half is a straight 7 min half.
• Teams will play one sport first and then the second half of all their games in a separate round.
• For example, U10s will play all the first half of their games with netball. They will then play all
the second half of their games as football.
• Netball will be played outside on rubber topped courts.
• Football will be played on grass pitches.
• During the 3 rounds each team will have one complete round of football, one of netball, and one
as a break.
• Teams will have around 100 minutes of game time.