Being confined to a house is no barrier to running a marathon according to Dubai Sports Council.
DSC partnered with ASICS Middle East and the 5:30 Run Club to create a chance to do just this on Friday April 10 between 8am-6pm UAE time by running in the ‘Marathon At Home.’
The first race of its kind in the world is open to people of all ages and abilities and the 42.195km race with participants needing to complete the race in the 10 hour window.
Participants can decide on the shape of their running course, but to keep things interesting running on a treadmill or any other training equipment will not be accepted.
Running in public areas is also not allowed so the participant will need to physically run on ground and inside their house.
Key information is outlined below:
- Running in public areas is not allowed so the participant will need to physically run on ground and inside their house.
- Participants will also have to make sure they have a fully charged smartwatch or smartphone with the Strava app installed and activated. They will have to join the “Marathon at Home” group on Strava and stay connected as the app will detect their movement and will assist in keeping track of their timing and distance traveled.
- Registration for the Marathon at Home is open now, until April 6, through the www.530run.club website, but race entry is non-transferable between individuals and relays are not allowed.
- All participants will receive a finisher certificate from ASICSME and 5:30 Run and all the finishers will receive an ASICS t-shirt and a finisher medal.
- The top men and women finished will receive a kit of full running gear by ASICS and an entry ticket to the Moscow Marathon inSeptember. Those in the top ten will receive ten Electrical Muscle Stimulation functional training sessions from Vertex Fitness.
- Registrations close on Monday April 6-head to www.530run.ae to register.